Mailing and security bags are designed to protect items while they are being delivered. These plastic bags are lightweight, water resistant, and save you money on postage. This is because of the added protection and lower cost.
There are several types of mailing bags available for different applications, some of which include:
- Security Mailers – These white opaque mailing bags are extra thick and feature a sealing strip to prevent tampering. There is a side skirt on the welds as well, which provides optimum protection for those top-secret packages!
- Tamper Evident Mailers – A range of tamper evident mailing bags are available in opaque as well as clear forms. They are typically used for bag contents that need to be identified.
- Superlight Bubble Mailers – These are the lightest protective envelopes available on the market today. Superlight bubble mailing bags are available in a variety of sizes and come in silver and white. They are also waterproof, so you do not need to worry about the safety of your package if it’s raining.
- Metallic High Impact Silver Mailers – For those who want to create high impact postage, metallic high impact silver mailing envelopes are the ideal choice.
- Economy Lightweight Postal Mailers – These mailing bags are simple, plain, and very affordable. Not only do they provide effective protection to your items, they are also lighter than paper envelops. Therefore, this makes them easier to carry.
- Blue Opaque Mail-Order Goods Bags – These are ideal for catalogue products and garments. These bags are available in attractive opaque metallic blue. They are durable, without being excessively thick or expensive.
While plastic bags provide a variety of benefits over other packaging options, it is the way they are disposed that causes problems. The ever-increasing use of plastic bags, accompanied with low recycling levels, causes a significant amount of both land and water pollution.
Moreover, not only do they take up space in landfill sites, since most plastics do not degrade, but they also emit poisonous gases once burned.
However, with composting bags, your waste reduction tasks are a lot safer, easier, and better for the environment. Made from an Oxodegradable additive, composting bags will typically degrade between 9 months to 2 years, depending on the condition and location of the place.
Material Handling Bags
As the name implies, material handling bags are used to handle bulk goods and products effectively. Relatively larger than other plastic bags types, they are particularly designed to carry bulk materials and have applications across various industries. There are a wide range of sizes available ranging from 28” x 28” x 12” to 51” x 51” x 71” and even beyond.
Moreover, it can carry up to 4,000 lbs of materials, depending on the design, of course. There are a number of benefits industries can gain by using material handling bags, these include:
Cost Savings – When material handling bags are used for bulk materials, the labor cost per container is typically reduced.
Enhanced Safety – Handling bulk materials in drums and bags can expose workers to several lifting injuries. However, with material handling bags, everything is controlled by mechanical means, such as pallet jacks or fork trucks. This reduces the need for manual movement.
Economical Packaging – As the bag capacity increases, tare weight (as a percentage of material weight) decreases. This allows more materials to be shipped with less packaging at the same cost. Additionally, these bags can also be stacked and positioned more efficiently, therefore maximizing storage facility space and container usage.
Shrink Bundling Film
A combination of product efficiency, maximum shelf impact and custom printing, shrink bundling films are mainly designed to hold and protect your product, while still allowing consumers to see what is inside.
Typically made from Polyethylene, these films are available in a wide array of widths, thicknesses and gauges. They provide high clarity and a tight closure, which ensures your item(s) are viewable and secure. In addition, these films will also allow heavy items, such as cans, water, sodas, and several other items to be transported easily.
Also referred to as stretch wrap, stretch films are highly stretchable plastic films that are used in a variety of industries to wrap around goods and materials on pallets, keeping them tightly bound.
This reduces the probability of worker injuries, discourages load tampering, and not to mention reduces product losses. A variety of thicknesses and widths are offered. You can even customize your own stretch film.
Stretch films can be divided five different types, including machine stretch film, bundling stretch film, hand stretch film, static dissipative film, and hand stretch film.
Medical Device Packaging
As the technology used to create medical devices advances, so has the technology used for their packaging. Because medical devices feature unique specifications and usually require sterilization, packaging for medical devices is specifically designed to protect the integrity of the device as well as uphold the highest medical standards.
Medical device packaging can be divided in a few types, which are:
- Blister Packaging – Blister packaging typically protects the package’s contents from contamination. Depending on the film used, blister packs can feature either push-through lidding or a peelable layer to remove the medical device from the package.
- Multi-Compartmental Trays – Typically manufactured from rigid materials, multi-compartmental trays are used to package sensitive medical device items.
- Individual-Wrap Packages – This type of packaging is ideal for single use applications, such as syringes. While blister packaging offers the same benefits, it is mainly used for its added support.