Side weld bags are very popular within the retail sector, thanks to their variety, cost-effectiveness, durability and versatility. Made from folded polyethylene sheeting that has been sealed on each side, this seal (AKA weld) is ideal for use on flat and bottom gusset bags. Light to medium in weight, side weld bags make good general purpose bags at a low cost.
Side weld poly bags only have one opening, with the seal located down the length on either side of the bag, leading to a seamless bottom. They come in a variety of sizes, thicknesses and substrates, and can incorporate anything from euro slots and header or tear serrations. You can also add on other design features such as permanent or re-sealable tapes. They are highly recommended for security tape bags, mailer bags, or other types of bags calling for an uneven opening.
This product begins as a centerfold film, but is then heat-sealed on two sides, resulting in one opening, usually at the top. Bottom gussets are included in the bottom area to add another dimension of volume filling as well as to “square-off” the bottom of the bag. Now, the bag can be filled and stood up on its bottom for packing or display purposes.
Where Can You Use Them?
Side weld bags are extremely versatile and can be used for these top 15 purposes:
- Medical devices
- Bags with tape and lip
- Thumb notch
- Back flip
- Bags with tear-off receipts
- Bottom gusset
- Storage of food items, such as candy or bakery products
- Trash and box liners
- Specimen bags for lab use
There are many benefits associated with side weld bags. These bags:
- Have no inconvenient seam on the bottom
- The bag opening may have a lip or backflip
- Can easily accommodate bag punches, holes, hang holes, and thumb notches
- Have clarity options that can include colored, clear or frosted plastic
- Can be customized to fit your unique requirements (i.e., conical tapered sleeves for V-shaped items such as men’s ties, umbrellas, automotive wiper blades and even pizza slices.
Contact Rutan Poly for Customized Side Weld Bags
Give us a call today at 800-872-1474 to learn more about our side weld bags. We would be happy to go over your options. Just tell us your requirements and we will outline the packaging materials and bundling wrap needed to design a bag geared toward your specific application. Come see why so many people trust us as their dependable American manufacturer and supplier of high-quality bags!