Did you know that only 9% of plastic is recycled? This is astounding when you consider the remarkable uses for recycled plastic, as well as the problems that can be solved when we all do our part to recycle properly. At Rutan Poly, we want to increase that percentage by demonstrating the benefits of using plastic responsibly!
We create custom packaging to encourage recycling
Today, many people are concerned about their own personal consumption of plastic products. Rather than switching away from plastic and sacrificing quality packaging, many companies are using custom packaging to encourage recycling and even to advertise that certain products have been made or packaged in recycled plastics.
When plastic is used responsibly, it’s a win for consumers, businesses, and the environment. With custom packaging from Rutan, you can remind consumers that your product is made with “50% recycled plastic” or even give them a friendly reminder to “please recycle.” Not to mention, Rutan Poly offers a product that is 100% post-industrial recycled material for further environmental friendly usage.
So, you think you know recycling?
Simply put, recycling is the process of converting waste or old products into new products. It is one of the most important steps towards the reduction of pollution, and it can also help the bottom line of your business!
If you’re going to get the most out of your plastic products, your company needs to understand proper recycling procedures. Rutan Poly recommends being familiar with this coding system:
- Symbol 1, PETE: Polyethylene Terephthalate. This includes things like soda, juice, and water bottles.
- Symbol 2, HDPE: High-Density Polyethylene. This includes milk jugs, cleaning products, and personal hygiene product bottles.
- Symbol 3, PVC: Polyvinyl Chloride. This includes clear food packaging, siding, and windows.
- Symbol 4, LDPE: Low-Density Polyethylene. This includes shopping bags and squeezable bottles.
- Symbol 5, PP: Polypropylene. This includes toys, syrup bottles, medicine bottles, and straws.
- Symbol 6, PS: Polystyrene. This includes hard packaging, CD cases, takeout containers, and egg cartons.
- Symbol 7, Other. This is a miscellaneous category that includes large gallon water bottles, computer cases, and nylon.
Tips to Reduce Plastic Waste
At Rutan, our talented team is proud to create new packaging designs that reduce plastic consumption yet still provide incredible utility for consumers. One of the easiest ways to reduce plastic consumption is to create a quality product the first time. At Rutan, we take pride in delivering the most durable plastic for the job; and these quality plastic products can be used over and over when recycled properly!
Since plastic bags do not biodegrade, they always exist in landfills and oceans. Recycling used plastic bags significantly decreases the amount of waste that goes to landfills. This helps to reduce land and water pollution and further preserve our environment.
If you’re looking for a partner in both responsible plastic recycling and manufacturing, look no further than Rutan. Our customer service team is ready to answer your questions and find the perfect solution for your flexible packaging needs, just give us a call today at 800-872-1474!